Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

What do you know about rectal inflammation possibly caused

Customer Question

what do you know about rectal inflammation possibly caused by taking too many prescription drugs
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: not allergic to anything
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 12 days ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

What is your age and gender?

What are your symptoms?

What are the medications you are suspecting to cause the inflammation of the rectum?

Customer: replied 24 hours ago.
37, female. Symptoms are inflammation, sweat, odor. I don't know what medications caused it but I've taken some recently for other issues where I've felt a difference (less hot). I've taken sulfamethoxazole, methylprednisolone, separately and the inflammation went away for about 4 days and returned. I recently drank aloe vera juice and felt a difference as well - a few days, and then the inflammation returned. It's quiet embarrassing because of the odor. I'm desperate.
Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
I saw my family doctor in feb and told him of this issue, he prescribed xifaxan of which my insurance didn't cover, and I felt no difference in symptoms. I've been to so many doctors, spent time and money, researching this, there are other people w the same symptoms and they say the same thing - doctors don't want to help.
Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
He said if the medication didn't work to go back to an intestinal doctor I had seen almost 10 years ago. Ive been also taking probiotics that have done nothing.
Customer: replied 23 hours ago.
This intestinal doctor performed an endoscopy and basically found nothing. I truly believe I have some type of resistant bacteria from taking too many medications over the years or perhaps from not completely finishing a prescribed drug.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 20 hours ago.

You mentioned of symptoms; inflammation, sweat, odor.

1) Am I understanding right; this is rectum inflammation. What are your exact symptoms, burning during passing motion, blood in stool?

2) Sweat; is this generalized sweating all over the body or specific areas like scalp?

3) Odor; is the feces odor or sweat odor? And is this any specific odor like pungent or change all the time?