Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Im a twitcher, ive always been a twitcher. for about 3 years

Customer Question

im a twitcher
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: ive always been a twitcher. for about 3 years now
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: only other medical history is paradoxial afib a while back due to electrolyte imbalance
Submitted: 11 days ago.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Yesterday around 11am I developed a almost constant twitch in my rear left deltoid.. It stops and comes on again. SOmetimes in 30 min somtimes 5 hrs etc..it seems like a single fiber firing
Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 11 days ago.

it sounds like you are having benign fasciculations which are benign and not dangerous.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms

bad anxiety symptoms can cause benign fasciculation twitching on your body frequently

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Well, I told my GP he said the same thing, BFS. I googled twitches and automatically ALS pops up. So I sought out a respected neurologist and told her my problems. She used her hammer all over my body arms legs etc. SHe made me walk on heels and toes, and scratched the bottom of my foot with her hammer and then performed strength test and checked my tongue out. And she says the same thing...this looks like benign fasiculations.
I told her I was worried about ALS and she told me my muscles are too bulky to have ALS and that if I can still hit 400 lbs on the bench press ALS wasnt likely. Was she being funny or is that actually a good indicator? This is all giving me anxiety and yes, Im a hypochrodriac.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 10 days ago.

she wasn't being funny

you don't have ALS

your anxiety symptoms are bad and make you worried

severe anxiety can cause you to have benign fasciculations.

you need to talk to your doctor about treatment for your anxiety symptoms if they are bad.

you don't have ALS

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave Positive Rating of 5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll down to see the ratings area in blue

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com