Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I was at the pub with some friends and one of them asked me

Good afternoon,I was at the pub with some friends and one of them asked me to smoke my e-cigarette...he was smoking it and at one point he almost put it inside his nose...I couldn't actually see if he has put it inside or not however, I cleaned it just a little bit and put it back inside my girlfriend bag.
After one hour my girlfriend smoked it and I was paranoid if in this way she could have get any disease (hcv, hiv, herpes etc...) as this guy is well known to be a crazy boy...I am not sure if he has put the cigarrette in the nose, I am not sure if there was any blood on the cigarette but I am know concerned for my gf...I don't really want to tell her nothing before checking with you otherwise she will kist panic...please help me here!!!

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well these infections are spread either by exchange of body fluids like semen, vaginal juices, saliva (HIV does not spread through saliva) , or by direct contact e.g in herpes if there is contact with herpes skin rash.

Here in this case its highly unlikely for your girlfriend to have picked up anything from a suspected contaminated e cigarette as these viruses cant survive outside human body and there was essentially no fluid contamination either.

You should relax and rest assured there is no chance of any spread by this way at all. Its good that you didnt say anything to your girlfriend about it who might have freaked out for absolutely nothing.

hope you got the answer.

Please click 5 stars to reward credit for the consult.

Feel free to ask any more queries

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Does the same work for herpes hcv and hiv?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I mean, there is no risk for none of them?

Yes all of these viruses . No spread through such a contact. You can say she has a greater chance of getting struck by lightening ..

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanks a lot Doctor!

You are welcome.

Stay blessed.

Kind regards