Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have bipolar 2. I am under a psychiatrist and have alerted

Customer Question

Hi Dr Wilson, I have bipolar 2. I am under a psychiatrist and have alerted him to my present symptoms over 2 weeks ago, however he has not replied to my sos.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I am taking 60mg cymbalta, 200mg Lomotrogine, 100mg serequel. In the last few weeks I have been having very angry, very irritable emotions. My husband is bearing the brunt of all this. At the same time I have been feeling great sadness. I have spent over our pension money and are now spending our savings. To stop this we have taken measures to only have a small amount of money that I have for a few things but it is only in my a/c for that time and only that specific amount of money. I have been having trouble sleeping since I started these meds in Feb. 2016. My Psychiatrist says I just have to sleep by myselp with no help. I have been getting temazepam 10mg from my general practitioner who knows my history. Now I can,t go to sleep more that 2 or 3 hours and then the lightbulbs come on in my head and I am wide awake. I don't know what to do with this lack of sleep and this huge irritation and anger. the last couple of days I have just sat on the anger and now I am feeling irritated, very still and waiting sensation. What shall I do?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: 60mg cymbalta, 200mg lomotrogine, 100mg serequel and 10mg of temazepam. Not allergic to anything. Previously I was on 2000mg epilum, which turned me into a zombie for 15 years.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Only that I feel like I am behind some bars in a cage and I am shaking the cage trying to get out and I cant. Thanks
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 3 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

Can I help?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Are you Dr Wilson as per above mental health my questions?

No but the question was just sitting there

do you want me to opt out?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

we have a mobile ********** but only has a weak signal in our house/area.... our landline is australia **********

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
you have referred it to a psychiatrist ?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
we are waiting for your call here in australia
Customer: replied 3 months ago.

our mobile is ********** landline is ********** I think its 61 to get into Australia.