Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have chronic migraines that have lasted 29 years. I am

Customer Question

I have chronic migraines that have lasted 29 years. I am prescribed maxalt to take the edge of, but need additional options
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: My worst pain from severe to debilitating, including my headaches, is damage to my back which causes more muscle tension, huge "knots" in my neck and shoulder which effects my everyday ability to work, to complete tasks as a single parent and is especi
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: especially the ability to drive. It is and excruiating way to attempt to live "normaly" as it deems me to suffer.the pain is constant causing muscular sesitivities
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing and treating all neurological & health conditions and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Sorry to you are suffering from severe & chronic migraines

Can I ask what treatments have been tried other than maxalt? Is it possible to give me a list of all treatments (medications and non-medication treatments) you have tried so far, so that I do not recommend the same treatments you may have already tried?

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've spent half of my life in hospitals. I would like to give you my prescriptions, but over 260 medications. Although, I've been able to tolerate, at times my headache pain. Yet, my neck and shoulders are constantly in spasm.

Hi, I will opt out and give another expert a chance to help you with your case. All the very best!, Best Regards!