Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I sure have a dilemma! Yes...in fact I went to the ER last

Hi! I sure have a dilemma!
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Yes...in fact I went to the ER last night. I have abnormal uterine bleeding (on and off) since 12/15. Last night's ER trip was my third (12/15, 12/24 and last night)
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am experiencing the heaviest vaginal bleeding of my life starting at 8 am yesterday. 12/24 ultrasound: fibroid, 8 mm endometrium lining. Hospital discharged me yesterday as my hemoglobin level was normal...despite my continued bleeding.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My GYN-Oncologist refused to treat me until tomorrow morning at 8:30 am....despite the increased vaginal bleeding. What should I do...go back to the ER and risk getting discharged because of my hemoglobin level, or wait until tomorrow morning and continue with the increased severe vaginal bleeding all night?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have been using Always Maxi pads (guarantees 10 hours of leak proof protection). My bleeding is so heavy, I now bleeding through them in 1.5 hours.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This has been occurring for the last 3.5 hours and continues now.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My OB_GYN will not operate on me because I'm high risk (obese, inverted uterus).
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

How old are you?

How have your periods been lately? Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm 46 year old. I haven't had my period since 4/2016. I had the hysteroscopy/D&C in 5/2016 (3 benign polyps were removed from my uterus). I thought I was going through perimenopause at that point since I did have mood swings, hot flashes, etc. The abnormal bleeding started on 12/15/16.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My GYN attempted the hysteroscopy/D&C in 2/2016 but was unable to complete because of my inverted uterus.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
My right overy was surgically removed by the GYN-Oncologist in 10/2014 due to a 9mm ovarian cyst.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm unsure if any stress had anything to do with this...since I've had two deaths in my family (within 3 weeks).

Another D&C/hysteroscopy should resolve the bleeding. If not, hormonal treatment, such as the birth control pill, should resolve the bleeding. Most likely the bleeding is from hormonal changes, since cancer is quite unlikely with the previous D&C/hysteroscopy.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your reply....but what should I do now since I've been HEAVILY bleeding for 36 hours?

I would see your doctor or go to an emergency room. That way you can get the treatment you need.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In general, if one has a D&C to treat heavy periods, what's the average time before she resumes her monthly period?Thanks.

Since you had no bleeding from April to December, it's impossible to predict when you may get another period. I suspect that you'll never have regular monthly periods again.

You're welcome. Please click the rating stars so that I may get credit for my answers. Thank you.

Thank you for your payment and rating.