Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

My regular pain management office is being run by people who

Customer Question

my regular pain management office is being run by people who seem to have a grudge and I do not understand why. I spent the weekend in emergency and I had told them I was going to run out of medication since the 27th of dec. and even though they said they would get back to me never did and the main office cut me off twice and then I was told I would just have to go through withdrawls. I do not understand I have always cooperated and done everything they wanted and now this. I have an appointment scheduled for tomarrow a.m. but I don't know if I will even be seen because of these attitudes. They do not want to do a prior authorization with my insurance and I wonder if this is the issue?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I take oxycodone 15 mg ^x's a day I take mobic 15mg ! x invokkanna, metformin lisinopril and simvastin and adavan .01 1 x
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have a husband who is an amputee of right foot and I have a small business am trying to run
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 5 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer. This is Dr. Love.

I am sorry that you are having such difficulties with your doctor, but it is unclear what question you are asking. What information would be helpful?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
my doctor is conducting a study of nerves and I agreed to participate however my results came back normal and it seems I am no longer helpful to him. Also the P.A. Safee who was training the other P.A. I have been seeing is someone I felt it was necessary to file a report on 2 years ago is giving instuctions on how to treat patients or not treat. I am very dissapointed that when I made the situation of my medication snaffu clear 3x's and called main office I was hung up on? how do I find out who is paying for study and unethical behavior to? And what do you do when dr.'s office tells you, you will just have to go through withdrawls WHO DOES THAT and calls themselves a doctor?

Of course, the usual method for learning who is paying for the study is to ask the doctor, but since there is communication difficulties, there are a couple of other mechanisms that can be tried. The consent form that you signed may have information on who is paying for the study. If it does not, you can try to check with the local Institutional Review Board (IRB), which is a body that approves medical studies on humans. The local IRB is usually affiliated with a local hospital

Unethical behavior can be reported to the licensing board for that discipline. For the doctor, that would be the State Medical Board. PAs are often also licensed by the same board, although it varies in some states.

As for the opiates, did you run out early? Or was this when you would be scheduled for a refill?