drcaplan
drcaplan, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  I have specialized in common problems for men, women, children, and the elderly.
72350808

I had unproctective sex and a few weeks later I discovered a

Customer Question

I had unproctective sex and a few weeks later I discovered a itching and burning feeling . I looked inside the opening of my Vagina .. and it was covered in white looking discharge like cottage cheese . Also irritated scratches that are bleeding . I can't figure out what disease or yeast infection?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: Itching and burning !
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No ma'am that's it !
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. — For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

— I have read your post and observations about the white discharge at your vagina, with the bleeding scratches. Would you prefer a summary response to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

— In case you were not aware, there is no charge for the time it takes for us to reach an answer that meets your satisfaction. I generally try not to rush any answers, and I hope you will not feel rushed either.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Summary response to my question please! I really just want to figure out which disease it is .. or if it even is one !
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

You got it!

Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

Most of the time, white discharge that looks like cottage cheese is a yeast infection. Particularly if you're feeling it is very itchy, and scratching so much that you're bleeding. Ouch, I'm so sorry, that must feel so awful.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
there isn't any way it could be genital herpes right ?
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

this is not consistent with genital herpes at all - looks very much like yeast.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

is there any redness/itching/bleeding outside the vagina?

Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

any odor changes?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No sir ! Just that and not really any odor !
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

That's great news! From what I can gather, this seems to fit together as a yeast infection, and certainly not Herpes.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

Any other questions I can help with for now?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No sir, literally thank you so much !!!!
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

If you would, please click on EXCELLENT with 5 stars. My goal is to have only the best, ***** ***** patients, and believe it or not, we doctors don't get compensated at all if the responses are not rated with outstanding scores by our patients like you. Any rating other than 5 stars suggests that something was wrong or missing, and the doctor has not tried to offer you a chance for improvements.

If you have any follow-up questions, I hope you’ll please save my direct link: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

Thank you! Hopefully, I'll get to connect with you again and I hope things will be going well!

I would certainly appreciate a bonus if you feel it appropriate!