Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have a very painful right foot. It starts in the arch and

Customer Question

I have a very painful right foot. It starts in the arch and when I walk the pain radiated up my leg. I saw a podiatrist and I was diagnose with severe arthritis. Could this be something else.
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? Any redness or swelling in the leg?
Customer: Not in the leg but on top of my foot
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am a cancer survivor, I have had both knees replaced and both shoulders replaced twice. and my l4 l5 was fused
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 month ago.

Hi there,
This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

First you should have foot X-rays to check for any metatarsal bone fracture. This is possible from bone loss ( osteopenia for example). Next possibility can be an inflammatory condition like gout due to the high uric acid level commonly seen in cancer survivors. Rheumatoid arthritis is another condition that can affect your foot. Blood tests like uric acid level, sed rate, rheumatoid factor, anti CCP levels should be checked. A rheumatologist should be consulted with.
Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star on top).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/