Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I have anxiety, i have OCD, & i am hypochondriac. Oh sorry i

Customer Question

I have anxiety, i have OCD, & i am hypochondriac.
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Oh sorry i sent it by mistake
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: i was evaluated, i am on paxil 37.5. I every now & tgen get major fears of diseases. These days i have been having issues with feeling emptiness in stomach even after i eat, growling,i feel little bloated & feel gassy & urge to sometmes burp. Especially after dinner .
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. — For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

— I have read your post and observations about your anxiety, OCD, and hypochondriasis. Would you prefer a summary response to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

— In case you were not aware, there is no charge for the time it takes for us to reach an answer that meets your satisfaction. I generally try not to rush any answers, and I hope you will not feel rushed either.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If you read my details doctor
My main concern is
That
I have cough for about a month or little over
It was dry, my throat gets pricky/ scratchy & then dry dough , then i got the virul with yellow phlem i took medicines its gone. Again the dry cough
My doctor said i have dripping in throat & nose is inflammed & red
So she prescribed zyrtec & benzonate & flonaise
My throat off & on hurts also
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Due to my severe anxiety & hypochondriasis
For last three monnths my thiughts sre revolving around
My stomach i keep touching it & it feels bumpy i am 5ft 1in & weigh 185lbs & i get very anxious feeling all those bumps
These things worry me a lot
What do you say
I m fine mostly but i get these phases of anxiety when i hear about illnesses of any friends or relatives or anyone

I see - thank you for the details. The condition you've described, a viral or allergic nasopharyngitis, is likely caused by a virus, and some of these symptoms you've been prescribed should help relieve some of your discomfort, but there are certainly some other options. Do you have the ability to take a picture of the bumps that concern you?

I certainly understand that your anxiety can sometimes take over. It is impressive that you are already aware of their effect - that is a step ahead of most other people who are suffering with anxiety! Congratulations!