Dr. Hasan
Dr. Hasan, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS, with experience in all fields of medicine and surgery
28983357

My husband on high blood pressure medication (2 pills of

Customer Question

my husband on high blood pressure medication (2 pills of metoprolol tartrate 50 mg and 3 pills of clonidine 0.1mg) his blood pressure still 202/77. Do we have to go to the hospital? Or you could suggest to take extra medication
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Hasan replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. I'm Dr. Hasan and I'll try to help you. I am reviewing your question and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks for waiting. I am sorry to hear about your problem. I am going to address your primary concerns but later you can ask anything you want. According to protocol, blood pressure of more than 180/100 is considered to be an emergency . Your husbands blood pressure is in dangerous zone. At this much high blood pressure, he is at risk of getting stroke. Without a second thought, please take him to ER. Don't worry he is going to be alright. Once they stabilise the blood pressure they may need to change his medications. He will need EKG as well. I wish him good luck and that he gets well soon. My best wishes and prayers will be following you both. My goal is to provide you excellent service but if you have received anything less, please ask anything you want. Your excellent feedback is requested and will be appreciated. Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My question was to dr. Ravoof. He answered that I could view his respond. I click on view respond and still did not get an answer on my question

I am sorry he is currently not available. Are there any questions that are still unanswered. I am here to assist you till you want. Regards