DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Am taking lisiopril and its giving huge anxiety.is this

Customer Question

am taking lisiopril and its giving huge anxiety.is this common. better drugs that do not have that side effect?
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: anxiety and anxiety attacks
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: when i take the pill shorlty i feel like i drank 10 cups of coffee
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no never had high BP before and was just slighly high NOW the anxiety makes it hard for me to even get reading-white coat
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

I think you mean lisinopril.

There are many anti hypertensive [blood pressure] medications.

It is easy to change to one in the same class as lisinopril [ace inhibitor], or a similar class [ARB], or a different class, such as a beta blocker, calcium channel blocker or diuretic.

Ask your doctor about these possibilities.

Please click a positive rating on the rating scale [we are paid on the basis of positive ratings] and be sure to let me know if you have finished with any questions.