Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

I have a cold with severe cough along with lots oh fleme,

Customer Question

I have a cold with severe cough along with lots oh fleme, Now my eyes are both draining a thick sticky fluid causing my eye lids to stick together. This has been going on for six days. I saw a doctor this past Friday . She says it is a viral infection. I am age 77 and in good condition
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is your eyelid swollen at all?
Customer: 6 days, eye lids not swollen
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Do you have thick green phlegm in cough?

Do you have fever?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I phlegm I have had fever at time not at this moment
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having coughing up thick green phlegm,eyes draining thick sticky fluid causing the eyelids to stick together since last 6 days is most likely due to bacterial upper respiratory tract infection.This does not seem to be due to viral infection.Symptoms caused by a viral infection generally clears up on its own within 4-7 days with no complications.As it has been going on since 6 days & also considering the symptoms,it seems likely to be bacterial infection.

Antibiotics are drug of choice to cure this infection.

Following is recommended for you now:

· Inhaling humidified air promotes moisture of the upper airway, helping to clear secretions and exudate.Keep a humidifier running in your room.

· Use an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day.This will provide you dramatic relief.

· Thick green phlegm is not serious or dangerous but a typical & characteristic symptom of bacterial infection. You need to get prescribed with antibiotics to cure this.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment with antibiotics & other medications will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

For symptomatic relief,take tab.NyQuil.It contains acetaminophen,dextromethorphan,doxylamine and pseudoephedrine that will provide you great relief from these symptoms.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.

Too cure the infection completely,you need antibiotics to be prescribed by your doctor.Cipro is usually used for respiratory infections, bacterial infections.

So bot***** *****ne is that you need to get prescribed with oral antibiotics by your doctor.

Thank you.

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 3 months ago.

Dear customer

I am online & is waiting for your reply.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Please do reply back.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh