Dr.Anil
Dr.Anil, Doctor
Experience:  M.B.B.S.M.D with over 30 years of experience in this medical field.
4713694

Have bloated upper stomach and hot flashes but am 74 year

Customer Question

Have bloated upper stomach and hot flashes but am 74 year old white female
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: No. bloating has been noticeable for about 4 months. Hot flashes for several but worse lately
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Have had stomach cramps upon seated leaning over for4 years. Orthopaedic Did MRI and saw nothing in that area. He said he thought my ribs might be rubbing my pelvic bones.. have had 2 lumbar steroid injections in last 2 months for disc degeneration
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.
I understand your concern.
Bloated upper stomach may be sign if indigestion/GERD.But you should undergo a ultrasound of whole abdomen to rule out stone in gall bladder.It can also cause bloating in upper abdomen.Also your LFT should be done as well to check liver enzymes.

Hot flashes- To rule out thyroid problems.Your doctor may want to get your thyroid function test as well.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I left out that I have gained weight without explanation
Expert:  Dr.Anil replied 1 month ago.

I do think you need a thyroid function test to rule out hypothyroidism.

Weight gain and hot flashes are symptoms of hypothyroidism.