Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

I have sent my credit card number to you for a $5.00

Customer Question

I have sent my credit card number to you for a $5.00 purchase of your help. Please respond. I have itch all over my body. No rash or bumps ,just itchy all over. I have tried every lotion, powder, medication. Nothing helps. Help!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 1 month ago.

Hi there. Have you been seen for this? Some skin infections are from microscopic insects that burrow into the skin and do not go away without treatment. Scabies is like this, and is very common. The medication for this comes in tubes of off-white colored creams and is available over the counter (OTC), without a prescription. The medication also comes in a spray form and as a shampoo. Otherwise it is important to avoid hot water and drying soaps, as these strip the skin of its protective oils and lead to more itching. Occasionally, widespread itching is due to liver disease, so be sure to see your family doctor for a work up if OTC meds are not helping.