Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

63, I have bites all over my arms I think I have chiggers, I

Customer Question

63
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: I have bites all over my arms I think I have chiggers
JA: What seems to make the symptoms worse or better? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: I went to a pharmacy and asked what they thought they said it wasn't a allergic reaction to anything that it looked like bites from an insect. I have 3 dogs, but no fleas. I do not have bed bugs, I don't know what I have ! :( my eating habits are normal I would say.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: well, I just want some relief on what to use on them no matter what they are, they itch and I want them gone. :( I would like to know where and how I got them but they are ugly and visable. I want them gone! and I hate itching so bad
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 5 months ago.

Hi there. Sorry to hear about your bites. This can be very irritating and can lead to infections if not treated properly. In addition, if you have picked up something like scabies (a common, microscopic mite that burrows into the skin) it can last for months if not treated. If you have pictures you can upload, I can take a look. If not, show it to your doctor or his nurse. Getting the proper diagnosis is imperative to getting the right treatment, including antibiotics if necessary. In the meantime, there is a medication called elimite that we use for scabies, if that is suspected. The medication comes in tubes of off-white colored creams and is available over the counter (OTC), without a prescription. The medication also comes in a spray form and as a shampoo. Hydrocortisone 1% cream is also OTC and can help a lot with the itch.