Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

For the past 2 months my bowel movements are soft, seedy

Customer Question

For the past 2 months my bowel movements are soft, seedy like, and is hard to clean. Wipe several times and still need to use wet wipes. I see no blood signs but it is quite embarrassing when at work.
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: I think pretty good. I have low thyroid, type 2 diabetes, and see a cardiologist every 6 months for an incident I had a couple of years ago but they found nothing with a heart cath or stress test. I do take medicine for high blood pressure, high cholesterol, farxiga & meteor in. My doctor put me on venlafaxine after the heart episode because I felt like I was always over anxious. Guess my question is how do I talk to my doctor about this because it is so embarrassing?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Yes I also take omeprazole for acid reflux and a baby aspirin. I do tend to worry about things that I can't control but that's the mother in me. I'm 64 and don't have the energy I use to have plus I still work about 35 hours a week.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry you are having these issues

eating more fruits and vegetables in your diet can help and taking a probiotic

and eating less carbohydrates and less gluten in your diet can help your bowels work better

drinking more water and getting more exercise can help your bowels work better.