Dr. Bob
Dr. Bob, Medical Doctor
Experience:  20 Years in Internal Medicine, Neurology and Sports Medicine
61817858

Ok so I recently shaved in my pubic area and I have two

Customer Question

Ok so I recently shaved in my pubic area and I have two blister type and I'm scared I think it's herpes but I never had sex in my life so far? So what are those two blisters?
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes and very good
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No not really that's all actually
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Bob replied 4 months ago.

Hi there. If you have not had sexual contact with anyone you do not need to worry about genital herpes. It is very common after shaving the groin to develop a contact dermatitis often with red lesions and/or blisters. The razor can cause loss of the top layers of skin causing inflammation and plugging of the oil producing glands adjacent to the hair follicles under the skin. In some cases fluid is released causing blisters. Occasionally they become infected and require antibiotics. In the meantime, using warm compresses and anti-inflammatories can help with the inflammation and irritation.