Your symptoms are suggestive of costochondritis. It is inflammation of the joint between costal cartilage and rib. The muscle strain of chest wall may also be associated and concomitant. Following would help you;
1) passive stretching of the affected muscle after application of sprayed vapocoolant
2) physical therapy
3) deep electrotherapy; iontophoresis, phonophoresis, short wave diathermy, electrical stimulation
4) local analgesic patch / ointment / spray
5) anti-inflammatory analgesics; Ibuprofen (Motrin / Advil)
6) ischemic compression therapy; pressure on the points
8) steroid shots
Having said that; any chest pain need evaluation by an EKG, more soever if you have have following risk factors;
1) stress and sedentary life style
2) peripheral vascular disease (claudication),
3) previous stroke,
4) heavy smoking,
5) high blood pressure,
7) high cholesterol, and
8) a family history of heart disease
9) over weight.
Wish you a very happy, prosperous, healthy and safe new year 2017.
It is privilege assisting you.
Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.
Wishing you all the very best in life.