How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. D. Love Your Own Question
Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 18208
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. D. Love is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We live in Everett but are traveling for a wedding. Actually

Customer Question

Hi! My name is***** live in Everett but are traveling for a wedding. Actually in Arkansas now. My family all had their flu shot in October. My husband believes he and several others at work had flu last wknd. My daughter is 22 and began flu symptoms tonight. Vomited this afternoon and started with a fever and chills about 2 hours ago. We are spending time with a family member who begins more chemotherapy for pancreatic cancer next week. Should my daughter be treated by a dr? As in a walk in clinic and Tamiflu? We're very concerned about my brother in law's exposure to influenza.
JA: Are you keeping a personal medical record while dealing with this?
Customer: Not sure what that is?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No. she's a healthy young woman otherwise
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Yes, it would be appropriate for your daughter to be checked at a Walk-In Clinic or Urgent Care Center. She may simply have a generic viral infection, but it may be influenza, and if so, she may benefit from influenza treatment, such as Tamiflu.

In addition, once the specific type of infection is identified, then the risk for your brother-in-law can be clarified, including what, if any, additional steps can be taken to limit the risk for the brother-in-law.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Related Medical Questions