Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

What is sincape, my son gets to coughing so hard he passes

Customer Question

What is sincape, my son gets to coughing so hard he passes out for just a short time' He is recovering for bronchitis and has been to the Doctor and is having caratid artery checked tomorrow.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: no, but he is 52, has had 5 by pass 3 years ago.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: he smokes pot and coughs a lot when he takes a hit. He had back surgery 5 years ago and is still in pain. Has had carpal tunnel this summer in right wrist and left elbow.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. — For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

— I have read your post and observations. I think the question you're asking is "what is syncope" is that correct? Would you prefer a summary response to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

— In case you were not aware, there is no charge for the time it takes for us to reach an answer that meets your satisfaction. I generally try not to rush any answers, and I hope you will not feel rushed either.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
what is syncope?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't have$50. Just type the answer to question,please

No problem! Syncope is a term used to describe "fainting" or loss of consciousness, that is typically explained by conditions related to the nervous system, the heart, or the endocrine system, and sometimes from infections. It's a broad term that is really a starting place for doctors to evaluate a history, conduct an exam, and employ testing to further narrow down the likely causes.

If you'd like to tell me a bit more of what's going on, I can certainly offer you some guidance as far as what I think might be the likely causes in your son's case, specifically