Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I think I have disasociasion disorder becase I really don't

Customer Question

I think I have disasociasion disorder becase I really don't remember allot of things. I wonder if positive thinking will help me?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have scizoaffective disorder and take an anti phycotic. I was just reading about personality disorders and found some info. I haven't said anything to the doc. yet.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I know of. I have had personal trama but I haven't thought about it too much
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. — For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

— I have read your post and observations. Would you prefer a summary response to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

— In case you were not aware, there is no charge for the time it takes for us to reach an answer that meets your satisfaction. I generally try not to rush any answers, and I hope you will not feel rushed either.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I will be happy to answer any questions that you want to ask.
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

have you seen the handouts on this site? I think there are a few you may enjoy :

http://www.fammed.wisc.edu/integrative/resources/modules/#patient_handouts

Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

There are several handouts which talk about the very real and great impact of positive thinking. It can help much more than you might think!

Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

these two, specifically: http://www.fammed.wisc.edu/files/webfm-uploads/documents/outreach/im/handout_loving_kindness.pdf

http://www.fammed.wisc.edu/files/webfm-uploads/documents/outreach/im/handout_forgiveness.pdf

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My brother strongly agrees in being optmistic
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

it's a fantastic approach. it has been adopted by eastern medicine over the last 4000 years, and only very recently into Western medicine.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I can be a happy person, but still I don't remember things
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It's hard to forgive something you don't remember. It's a good idea. I just have to find the heart to do so. Every time I think or come close I just get mad.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
If I could just remember the last time I washed my hair. Is it just letting go of all the hurt that will help me to remember?
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

It's hard to know what, specifically, will help... but, when you approach your current and old difficulties with loving kindness... and you don't remember the way you want to, at least you end up being a happier person! There isn't much to lose.