Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I banged my shin really hard against a hard object about 2

Customer Question

I banged my shin really hard against a hard object about 2 weeks ago.
JA: What are all the symptoms you're experiencing (e.g. loss of appetite, fever, rash)?
Customer: For the last couple months, the same ankle had been periodically bothering me I think from a recurring injury
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: About 5 days after the injury, I woke up and could hardly walk No Not that I am aware of Now, the whole area that I hit it with is very red and lumpy and not getting better and my ankle is swollen painful and bruising to the foot
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: About a week and a half
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No recent injuries. But I feel like the recurring injury and shin injury has sort of merged together.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 2 months ago.

Since you had injury about 2 weeks ago any swelling due to tissue trauma should have been settled by now. As you have bruise, pain and swelling till this time, i would recommend you to get an x-ray done to rule out any fracture of the bone or torn ligament. Take tablet ibuprofen twice a day and apply crepe bandage over the affected area. Keep your leg elevated on pillows while sleeping and lying down.

Hope this helps.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.