Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

GENERIC VICODIN IS THIS TRUE? Percocet for over 10 yrs.

Customer Question

GENERIC VICODIN IS THIS TRUE?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: Percocet for over 10 yrs.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Triple by-pass 10-4-2916
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 5 months ago.

Hello, welcome to the justanswer chat dialog!

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. Perhaps most importantly, I consider myself a patient listener. So far, 98% of the justanswer community of patients has found my answers helpful. I will do my best to win over your approval as well.

For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings from patients like you: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. Is there a specific question you have for us to tackle? We can proceed with either a back and forth dialog, or I can provide a specific answer to any specific question that you may have.

Either way, I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is vicodin an acceptable replacement for percocet?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I am currently taking 4 percocet/day.Can J switch to VICODIN?

the active ingredients are the same - vidodin has tylenol and hydrocodone, as does perocet. They are typically used interchangeably.

Have I missed any part of your posted question? Was I able to address the question you provided to your satisfaction? Can I clarify, or address any other related questions for you today?