Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I had surgery yesterday and I am experiencing a hot red face

Customer Question

I had surgery yesterday and I am experiencing a hot red face with ice cold hands and feet
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Any other skin concerns?
Customer: for a half day
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I was stressed yesterday going into surgery and had high blood pressure, It was 192/74 but after recovery it went down to 155/60. Still high
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. — For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

— I have read your post and observations about your hands and face. Would you prefer a summary response to your question, or would you prefer more back-and-forth, where there will be a series of more questions and more details clarified? There is no difference in charges for your preference. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Either way, the goal is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

— In case you were not aware, there is no charge for the time it takes for us to reach an answer that meets your satisfaction. I generally try not to rush any answers, and I hope you will not feel rushed either.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Should I go see my doctor tomorrow about the sunburn feeling in my face? Is it a side effect from the anesthesia. I had a dnc done yesterday. I am 61 yrs old.

do you have the ability to snap a picture of the affected skin?