Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Second opinion] I have found that taking brewers yeast seems

Customer Question

Second opinion] I have found that taking brewers yeast seems to prevent a feeling of pressure (slight headache) in my head in the mornings. Looking at the literature talks about the exact opposite. Can you explain why it is good for me? I have thin blood and a pulse of 54 and some foods make me feel dizzy.JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?Customer: most mornings until I started adding yeast to my smoothiesJA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?Customer: i am 69 years old. The yeast seems to make me feel as though i have more energy. I am very fit but have felt fatigued for the last 30 years. Does the thin blood cause the fatigue? If so, what can i do about it?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Captain replied 4 months ago.

Hello again, thank you for reaching out. I'm happy to explain why you might be feeling a relief of pressure in the mornings with using brewers yeast. May I ask some questions before I dive into a complete answer for you?