Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

My mother got a car accident last month and its possible

Customer Question

My mother got a car accident last month and its possible that she's sustained a concussion from hitting her head from the air bag, but since the accident she's had a none stop ringing in her ear (which only goes away when she showers), she doesn't take much pain medicine even though she's in constant pain from all the bruising in her muscles. She's throwing up and having on and off headaches. Is it possible that she has something more serious then tinnitus?
JA: Is the headache episodic or daily? And what about nausea?
Customer: She's very nauseous and the headaches are everyday with an on and off period.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Her blood pressure was very high from the accident, so the Emergency doctor gave her blood pressure medicine.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

she should not be throwing up

she needs to get back to the ER and get a head CT or MRI scan to check for subdural hematoma bleeds inside of the skull which can put pressure on the brain and cause headaches and vomiting and ringing in the ears.

do you have a hospital or ER close to you where she can go?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
She also has arthritis in her hips and knee, she's already had a CAT scan 2 weeks ago and was told that she needed to see a specialist, which we've been waiting to hear from since they put the referral in.

I would get a copy of the brain CT scan.

she needs to see a neurosurgeon? she could have a bleed in the brain.

her doctors need to get her to see a neurosurgeron soon. or else she will continue to vomit and have ringing in her ears.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you very much.

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com