Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Second opinion] There was cold sore on a girl I had sex with

Customer Question

Second opinion] Hi there,There was cold sore on a girl I had sex with and she also did oral only around scrotum, never on the penis.
My questions are:-
1) what is the likelihood, that if a person contracts genital Herpes HSV 1 from oral sex, that there will be Primary Infection within 3 weeks after exposure? If there are some percentages that would be great.
2)if a girl licks scrotum for couple mins and has cold sore, what is the likelihood she has transferred Herpes.3)if she did transfer the Herpes, will it start from scrotum(the blisters)?4)if her cold sore is dry and last stage of healing, how contagious is it? Is the viral load less at this stage?Thanks,
S
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

1. The incubation period of HSV I and II is on the average 4 days and a range of 2-12 days, so If you are 3 weeks out from contact and haven't broken out with blisters, the chances of you getting HSV from this encounter is practically zero.

2. See 1 above. The chances are less since her active phase is passed (no blisters).

3. See 1 above, yes if herpes was transferred, it would most likely start at the point of contact.

4. She is less likely to transfer to you if dry. There is no way to tell what her viral load is and that information is only relative if she has HIV, not Herpes I or II.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 1 month ago.

Any additional questions, thoughts?