Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

I have a really bad anxiety problem I can't even go into the

Customer Question

I have a really bad anxiety problem I can't even go into the doctors because I find my self having more than one panic Atac I get bad thoughts run through my head and uncontrollably always having panic atacks I'm over feeling like this and was wondering if i am able to get something prescribed to me to help ?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: Years not shore exactly not really just wen ever it happens it happens I can't leave the house. Side it makes me have panic atacks twice as much as I get them at home I can't work because of it I am wondering if I can get a prescription of some sort sent to me in the mail to help it ???
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I get hay fever thats the only thing ?
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.Generalised Anxiety Syndrome (GAS) along with panic attacks is a common complaint affecting at least 10 % of all people at some time in their lives.This is secondary to stress and needs to be treated,with treatment and counselling patients can lead normal lives.You will need to seek help from your Doctor who will guide you to a psychiatrist who is experienced in treating such patients.Use of drugs Like SSRIs ,neuropathic drugs like gabapentin and pregabalin and anxiolytic drugs,counselling and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy(CBT),the patient feels better and can lead a normal,stress free life.You will need to interact with your doctor to reach the right diagnosis and participate in your therapy for the resolution of the disease.