Nurse1st
Nurse1st, Nurse
Experience:  NP MHT
7466212

In paternity, it appears that certain STR alleles are

In paternity, it appears that certain STR alleles are presumed to be inherited from the father vs the mother, is this so?
Allele D7S820 Mother: 8 10 Child: 8 10 Alleged Father: 8 8 / results appear to presume the 8 is from Alleged Father and 10 from Mother. Could it not also be 8 from Mother, 10 from True Father, excluding the alleged father?

Yes, if the true father is 8 10. If it was known Fact: True parents ; mother 8 10, and father; 8 8, than it would be presumed that way. But in instance where father was unknown: It could come from father. So it could be possible that 8 mother/ 10 father.

Thank you,

Carole NP

Please take a moment to kindly rate my service.
There is no additional cost to do so. If there is anything else you would like to discuss, I would be happy to talk to you.
Carole NP