Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

My small finger on my right hand is broken I think. it is

Customer Question

my small finger on my right hand is broken I think. it is bent and is painful if moved but not extremely so.should I go to the er or see if it heals itself?*****@******.***
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Well it does sound like that you may have either broken or dislocated the small finger. This could also be causing some swelling as well as bruising in the area. Given that you are having pain on movement then it is very likely that there is significant trauma to the bone. I would suggest that you DO go to the ER or urgent care center just to get an xray done. If it is dislocated then it can be put back into place and if it is broken then a buddy dressing would be done in order to immobilize it.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/