Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

My navel (belly button) has gone way into my stomach--where

Customer Question

My navel (belly button) has gone way into my stomach--where my belly button was, is now just a small hole. There is a foal order that it has as well--should I be concerned? Thank you
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: it's been doing this for about a year--there's no pain, no vomitting--just it just keeps reseeding.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: concerning this? the only other thng, is for a lot of years now--20 to 30, I have a small hole, which drains as well as smells in the lower part of my stomach--It's from a old scare (from appendix surgery when I was 6 years old I'm now 73 years--it's never caused a problem, other than the smell and sometimes readiness. Yes, I have checked with doctors over the years, and they say not to worry. But my belly button is something new, I'd just like to know if it's a cause for concern?
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 2 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Are you diabetic?

Do you have protuberant belly (fat around navel), which makes it go inside?

Is there any discharge from belly button? If yes, what is the color of the discharge?

Let me know if you still need help.