Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am a 76 year old Caucasian male living in Tucson, AZ. For

Customer Question

I am a 76 year old Caucasian male living in Tucson, AZ. For the past year and a half I have had a constant need to clear fluid that accumulates in my throat. This often leads to coughing. The coughing is most pronounced when I begin talking to someone. I have been to a gastroenterologist and an ear, nose, and throat specialist and given medications to treat what I thought was acid reflux. I have undergone an endoscopy that revealed nothing wrong with my stomach. I do not have any burning sensations or indigestion and it has been suggested that I might be allergic to some sort of pollen or perhaps something in my diet, or that I might even have a hiatal hernia. What course of action do you recommend at this point?
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I am taking blood pressure medications, cholesterol medications, and a medication for acid reflux
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had a stroke about 6 years ago and a heart attack about 3 years ago. I recently had some blood work done as well as a chest xray and the results were favorable in every category that was measured
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 5 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

It sounds like allergies to me

have you seen an allergist?