Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

IS CELEBREX SAFE TO TAKE? YES, I HAVE SEEN TWO DOCTORS. I am

Customer Question

IS CELEBREX SAFE TO TAKE?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: YES, I HAVE SEEN TWO DOCTORS. I am taking Toprol xl 75 mg per day, amliodipine. Celebrex upsets my stomach, I 'm on 100 mg would 50 mg be less damaging? Is the side affect for a stroke or other problems a great risk
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications? I think they do a wonderful job. All Experts must pass our rigorous 8 Step Expert Quality Process. This ensures that you get the most knowledgeable, trustworthy help anywhere on the Internet. You can learn more about it here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/expert-quality-process
Customer: only PCN
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: my family has a history of stroke and heart issues
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

yes, celebrex can upset the stomcah, it should be taken with food in your stomach

yes, celebrex like all NSAID non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications has a small chance to increase risks for heart attack or stroke

but even ibuprofen or Advil or Aleve can do this as well.

does it help decrease your arthritis pain? that is the question. if it helps decrease your pain, then taking it may be worth it.