Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

Very scared. I've had this black discoloration in between my

Customer Question

Very scared. I've had this black discoloration in between my thighs for as long as I could remember and it's itchy the more I scratch the uglier it gets, embarrassed about going to a doctor
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: A few years now and destin helps with the iching
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I know of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  drcaplan replied 1 month ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. — For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

— I have read your post and observations about the black discoloration at your thighs.

I'm more than happy to help you with this concern - Do you have the ability to snap a picture to show me how the mark looks?

— In case you were not aware, there is no charge for the time it takes for us to reach an answer that meets your satisfaction. I generally try not to rush any answers, and I hope you will not feel rushed either.