DR.EHTISHAM
DR.EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Well my doc gave me more news today he said I have a

Customer Question

Well my doc gave me more news today he said I have a condition called hidradenitis suppurativa..right now because of working out and hot flashes I perspire between my legs and because of my condition this causes my legs to break out..I recently had a cardiac crp test and it was high 4.8.. And now the optometrist is seeing mild vascular changes in the back of my eye is this all related..I also have the flu and high anxiety because of all of this...
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I have had breakouts for years..but only recently I have gained a little weight and with the hot flashes and always perspiring between my legs I have had to deal with the breakouts between the legs on the upper thigh..
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I work out 4-5 times a week..non smoker non drinker..I do have health anxieties..
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

How can I help?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Pls opt out
Expert:  DR.EHTISHAM replied 4 months ago.

Hi there

This is Dr.Ehtisham . I will try to assist you in the best possible way

Can you please tell me how old are you ? Gender ?

Do you have any other known medical problem or are you taking any medicines ?

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am 58 years old..female..I do get some health anxieties..I do not take any meds..
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am pretty active..I try to work out on the elliptical and bike about 4-5 times a week

What investigations other than CRP was done and why you have these investigations ?

Hello ?

Are you there ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was at the optometrist office and he saw some mild vascular changes in my eye so I just mentioned this to my new doctor and she said let's do some blood work which was the crp cardiac and homocysteine test.. That one came back at 14. So so she called me right away and told me that I had a heart inflammation problem..I am surprised I work out 4-5 times a week ..stand on my feet most of the day..and seem to be in pretty good health..so what a shocker! I do have white coat syndrome my blood pressure shoots right up when I enter a doctors office but most of the time it is in normal range my pulse can be a little high at times but I have always been like that..my pulse now 84..
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Crop at 4.8

Thanks for the details

First of all let me assure you having just a raised CRP doesn't absolutely confirms a heart disease. Your eye changes can be due to age related effects in the blood vessels. In my view you just need to have an appointment with a cardiologist to assess further about the cardiac work up. High CRP puts one at a higher than normal risk for heart disease but it doesn't have any role in defining an active heart problem.The eye changes can be due to the high blood pressure which you have been experiencing off and on.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

If done Please leave a POSITIVE (3 – 5 stars, preferably 5) rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do I am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did have one more test calcium ct score test it came back at 0 ..because of the crp test they want me to repeat this,,I had the test done in jan 2012..I do not want to repeat the test if I do not need to..does the skin condition raise the crp score..having that condition does it put you at higher heart risk? This doc is scaring me she says I have heart inflammation and because my pulse can be on the high side in the 90s she says it will wear out..

There are certain other causes of a high CRP as well including skin condition specially if it is also infected.As I mentioned the best thing can be to have an appointment with cardiologist prior to having a Coronary calcium score as the odds are very low to have a heart disease in your case

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
It was infected but my doc said it was a cardiac crp so it would show cardiac inflammation.. She had never heard that boils would affect crp score..is this true?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
My boils were somewhat infected and I had several in the last few weeks due to my skin condition..my doc said because it was a calcium crp score that boils would not affect the score is this true?

Yes I agree that the cardiac CRP is more specific for heart but it is not confirmatory. You doesn't seems to have any other risk factors for heart disease as well so in my view you should have an opinion from cardiologist before any further testing. There can be reasons like infection, any recent illness, and inflammation anywhere in the body can increase it as well

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks so much!

You are welcome

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards

Good luck

Feel free to ask if any more question

Regards