Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Should Bactrim taken with food. I have bad UTI and my whole

Customer Question

Should Bactrim b taken with food. I have bad UTI and my whole stomach is extended and cramping badly
JA: How long has this been bothering you? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No vomit or nausea no other history. Went to doc n box yesterday. I'm 62. He said it had reached kidneys.
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 19 days ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Bactrim can be taken with or without food. It is recommended that someone drink a full glass of water or two with each dose, as well as plenty of fluids during the course of the day, but it can be taken with or without food.

It is more important that the Bactrim be taken about 12 hours apart, and it is not necessary to schedule meals to accommodate that schedule.

If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.

Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 18 days ago.

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.