Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

Left side pain and vomiting. whats the problem, 3 days.

Customer Question

left side pain and vomiting. whats the problem
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 3 days. first 2 felt like period cramps. today its sharp. nothing making it feel better
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: scheduled for catheter ablation tomorrow for PVCs
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you. I'm sorry you are having left sided pain with vomiting.

I have some questions:

How old are you? What was the first day of your last period? Any chance you are pregnant? Any fever? Any recent UTI?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm 52. Not pregnant. Should be getting my period in 3 or 4 days. No uti. Not sure about fever. I'll check
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No fever
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

Ok then we can rule out pregnancy, diverticular disease (no fever), kidney disease (pyelonephritis), as common causes for your symptoms.

When was your last bowel movement? Have you had any problems with Ovarian cysts in the past?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

May I suggest you contact your doctor and discuss holding the ablation procedure until a cause of your pain and vomiting is determined and treated.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, so I am compensated for my service, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 5 months ago.

How are you feeling? Are you having your ablation today?