Vakul Aren
Vakul Aren, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS,DTM&H,34 years of experience
15267045

It has been almost a year since i had creamy build up in

Customer Question

it has been almost a year since i had white creamy build up in left throat tonsil area. when pushing the tonsil, extreme pain and more white salivary discharge after pressing along with minor blood in this white mucus salva, etc. when i lay down at an angle this pain happens also, and the mucus creamy becomes even more apparent. I had neck mri, neck cat scan, tonsil biopsy, many antibiotics and many ENT's looking and they dont see anything or they are quacks not taking this serious. when this pain occurs, my ear feels full too. I wasted over 6,000 bucks last year for absolutely 0 diagnosis and dont know what to do. I am stuck. Please help!!!!
Category: Medical
Expert:  Vakul Aren replied 5 months ago.

Hello,I am Dr. Aren and I will help with your query.The most common cause of the problem you reportedly had would be tonsillitis with para-nasal sinusitis with post nasal drip.The drip of white mucoid discharge which may be blood tinged from the infected sinuses appears in the pharynx.The bacterial infection of the sinuses and tonsils with staph will lead to such a condition with pain and fever.The sinusitis will also cause the blockage of the eustachian tubes leading to a sensation of blocked ears.I suggest you ask your PCP to treat you for the sinusitis and blocked ear with appropriate antibiotics ,NSAIDs and decongestants along with steam inhalations.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I already did all of this stuff and it doesnt make sense as the blood only happens if i push down on the tonsil area. it almost feels like there is something sharp hidden in the area and when i push on it, the pain occurs, and the blood occurs and it takes a couple of days for the pain to become lower pain. doesnt make sense that this would be sinusitis or post nasal drip as just for me touching the tonsil area with finger triggers more mucus.

That would make it chronic tonsillitis with deep seated follicular infection,in that case it would be prudent to go in for a tonsillectomy after a course of antibiotics to settle the infection. That will remove a focus of chronic infection from the body.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
wouldnt a biopsy of the tonsil pick this up

The biopsy of the tonsil should be an excision biopsy ,done after the removal of the tonsils.