Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

I am very concerned about chest pain/shortness of breath and

Customer Question

Hi there! I am very concerned about chest pain/shortness of breath and dry cough. Within the past 6 months I have had a chest x ray and a CT of my chest which were deemed clear. I also had the pulmonary function test which was normal and I had a nurse take my blood co2 and listen to my chest this past Friday. Co2 was 98 and lungs sounded clear. I know I should be pleased but still have trouble feeling that I have enough air. Any suggestions?
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: Yes, I noticed it the first time about 6 months ago when I was staying at the nursing home all night in a cold room with my mother. I have seen a pulmonary physican and after the scans he suggested I see a cardiologist which I did and my heart was fine. Should I be this scared?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have type 2 diabetes and a fatty liver caused by prolonged meds for high cholesterol. I also had two lymph nodes removed last year which were fatty masses.
Submitted: 16 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 16 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr. David replied 16 days ago.

do you have bad anxiety symptoms? severe anxiety symptoms can cause you to feel short of breath and have chest pressure symptoms

being overweight can cause difficulty for your diaphram to expand into your abdomen and taking a deep breath

from your question, it sounds like you have excessive anxiety symptoms.