Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I was dancing for about twenty mins pretty intensely and

Customer Question

Hello I was dancing for about twenty mins pretty intensely and than my chest started to hurt right over my heart. My heart was beating really fast and I had chest pain right over my heart
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 1 month ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

This may be;

1) Muscle pain.

2) Food pipe (esophageal) spasm.

Having said that, for symptoms of heart beating fast with chest pain on any exertion need to be ruled out an heart disease. If your symptoms are persisting, you may to emergency room now. If symptoms had gone completely, you may get it evaluated tomorrow.

Wish you a very happy, prosperous, healthy and safe new year 2017.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well I'm 21 years old have a normal ekg done a few months ago and a calcium ct score done in April came back normal. I recoverd without sitting down and symptoms went away within about ten minutes of slowing down the dancing

The investigations like EKG and calcium CT score are good for coronary artery disease. There is a disease called as arrhythmia, which need to be ruled out by the following tests;

1) Stress echocardiography

2) 48 hours or more of Holter monitoring.

I know you are young and this is the reason I specifically mentioned about the esophageal spams and acid reflux for your symptoms.

But an high index of suspicion need to be kept for your symptoms.

I would consider following also for your symptoms;

1) Esophageal spasm
2) Esophageal motility disorder
3) Esophagitis

Following treatment may help you;

a) Calcium channel blockers (diltiazem, nifedipine) decreases the spasm and improves the movements of the esophagus.
b) Relaxation techniques.
c) Noncardiac chest pain in the setting of esophageal spasm and esophageal movement disorder (dysmotility) often shows good response to antireflux therapy, even in the absence of typical gastroesophageal reflux symptoms.
d) Reassurance and control of anxiety is extremely important if you have any.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do have acid reflux and anxiety I did a twenty four holter monitor and it came back normal. Like I said I was dancing for about twenty mins pretty fast I don't exercise as much as I use to and I noticed my heart was beating fast and my chest right over the heart was hurting I did burp several times after pain was calming down I also had an echo done back in June completely normal except for tribal tricuspid regurgatation which my cardio doc said was normal and most people have that. I'm scared of heart disease though I don't smoke or drink
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I do have a 90 degree kyphosis also

You are pretty well investigated.

So this is likely to be esophageal spasm and acid reflux, with your anxiety. Kyphosis causes compromise in the lung expansion capacity and thus may be contributory to your symptoms.

I agree with you that these symptoms can be due combination of the anxiety, lack of physical conditioning, esophageal spams, chest issues, acid reflux and esophagitis.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Likely not heart disease? My cholestrol was bad a few months back good cholestrol was 28 bad was 112 got them reclaculated and waiting for results
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Kyphosis can also contribute to muscle pain? And or strain

With your all investigations done and thorough work up for heart, heart is ruled out here for your symptoms. Cholesterol is just a long term risk factor thus it would never be a diagnostic investigation. It is only a risk stratification.

Kyphosis can contribute to the muscle pain and strain, as you rightly mentioned.

It is privilege assisting you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've never had a stress done though

That does not matter with your other investigations related to heart being normal.

If you feel your anxiety will resolve completely, you may discuss this with your doctor for doing it. I am sure it would come normal.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Nah I'm not to considerd plus I lose my balance on a treadmill anyway. Another good sign is the fact of how quick I recoverd from the pain right. Like not needing to sit I was winded but not breathless so that's good. I have an endoscopy and colonoscopy coming up in a week

Endoscopy should be able to diagnose acid reflux, which can be responsible for your symptoms.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Last time I had endoscopy there was no evidence of acid reflux but it was clear that I was suffering from it also my vitamin d levels have been down reading a year ago was 15.9

You may need to take Vitamin D supplements.

You may get 24 hours esophageal pH study which is better to diagnose the acid reflux is endoscopy is negative.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can having low d score cause heart disease

No.

It is privilege assisting you.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My only concern is that my heart was beating fast I felt pain in the area right over my heart and was feeling weak and kinda breathless although I did recover quick and never sat down

No worry as we discussed.

If you want, you may undergo stress test to relieve your anxiety.

Though I feel it was not cardiac issue.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Also I take Zoloft could that be a cause of heart issues I've had this pain before during exercise even before I got echocardiogram and calcium ct score

Zoloft is unlikely to be causative of the symptoms. Since you had pain before investigations too, so it is unlikely to be related to heart.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Well I do have fallow up questions and thirty eight dollars is a lot of money so I rather just ask my fallow up questions for free
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
As they are a part of my issue
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Why was I feeling pain in the heart area with the high pulse but when pulse went down chest pain faded over the heart as well
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 month ago.

The other expert opted out

do you want my help?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Sure
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I was dancing and I had pain over my heart and my heart was beating fast I've had chest cut ekg and echo cardiogram and calcium ct score done all normal but I had heart pain with a fluttering heart rate when dancing and it hurt

were you on drugs or drinking?

have you had a stress test?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No drugs or alcohol and no other expert things it was acid reflux which I have also have kyphosis but I'm scared of heart disease I'm 21 years 6ft 210 pounds

No way. No one has heart disease at 21 especially with a normal calcium score

I think acid reflux is likely

that makes the most sense

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
But why would it hurt over the heart only when the heart was beating fast but once I rested I recoverd and pain went away?

That is common with inflammation

When the blood is pumping to the area of inflammation you feel pain and vice versa

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
my hearts vessels were inflamed? What does this mean?

no your esophagus problem from the reflux

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm confused

acid reflux burns the chest and esophagus

this causes inflammation

when the heart pumps, the blood flows in and causes pain

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could this be something else like an artythmia or something else

No I doubt it

it would be reasonable to get a holter if you haven't done that yet

this is like a wearable EKG for 24 hours

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I did it was normal except I had a walking pulse of 155

Okay

that is most likely anxiety then

I think you are fine my friend