Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Two days ago, I developed a rash that is blister-like just

Customer Question

Two days ago, I developed a rash that is blister-like just one one side of my buttocks. I wear thongs a lot so I dont know if it was from that and body sweat or something worse.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No. Just putting neosporin on it twice daily.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Havent had any problems no.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 4 months ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Is it possible to attach a picture of the rash?

I realize that this is a sensitive location on the body, but a close-up picture of the rash may not be embarrassing.

I had asked whether it would be possible to attach a picture and have not heard back.

There are several common conditions that can cause blisters on the buttocks. Certainly, one of the causes is a superficial bacterial infection of the skin, so the use of Neosporin is reasonable. However, other common causes would be from herpes simplex or herpes zoster (shingles). It also can be due to inflammation, such as from a contact dermatitis.

Without a picture, it is only possible to speak to common possible causes of a rash composed of blisters, but if a picture is possible, then more specific comments can be made.