Dr. Muneeb Ali
Dr. Muneeb Ali, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, MCCM. Currently working in Critical Care Medicine with 10 year experience in Medicine
22950887

I have been painfully bloated for two days, it's more than

Customer Question

I have been painfully bloated for two days, it's more than gas. I've taken some gas pills and even an overnight diarrhea pull and no real relief. I can get confortable when im laying down
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: Lorazepam and temazepam and allergic to Demerol
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had an ovary removed when I was 22 and it was a cyst that literally are it they said. I've had two children since then with no problem but im very uncomfortable
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thanks for this question. Im sorry to hear about your symptoms. Can i ask do you have any abdominal distension? Does it hurt to press down on the abdomen? Were you able to pass stools after taking the diarrhea pill? Lastly any vomiting?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have some dissection and it def hurts to press down. I was able to pass stool with the diarrhea pill but no vomitting

Thanks for the additional information, let me just write down an answer for you and ill get back to you in a few mins. If you get a phone call request, please ignore it as that is an automated site response. Thanks!

Well from what you are describing, it sounds like that you may have a couple of conditions. The first one which comes to mind is that you could have developed a problem with the stomach itself. Increased production of acid in teh stomach can lead to bloating, burning pain in the region, belching as well as nausea and vomiting. This can occur in conditions like gastritis or even an ulcer. the diagnosis is made clinically and also with an endoscopy and then treated with stronger anti acid drugs like esomeprazole or dexilant.

Now the tenderness has me worried as that you usually indicates a serious inflammatory disorder which is occuring inside the abdomen. This could be due to intestinal obstruction which is a condition in which there is blockage in the intestines and even though you passed some stool, there may be some residual blockage left inside. This can cause abdominal distension, tenderness and needs to be evaluated immediately with the help of a simple xray of the abdomen and if needed an ultrasound.

Another cause of this could be pancreatitis which is a condition in which teh pancreas are inflammed and that would lead to pain in the upper part of teh abdomen as well as tenderness. this would need a CT scan to be diagnosed and then treated with Iv medications including antibiotics and fluids. Similarly inflammation of teh gallbladder which is known as cholecystitis would also cause pain in the upper abdomen and would need an ultrasound to be diagnosed.

Now because of the tenderness, i would STRONGLY advise you to visit an urgent care center or the ER and get a clinical examination done ASAP. If needed they can even do an ultrasound, if you didnt have the tenderness i could advise you to wait but in the presence of tenderness (pain on pressing down), it is best to go to the ER.

Do you have any more questions?

Please leave a POSITIVE rating by clicking on the stars above, until you do i am not compensated for my time. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the POSITIVE rating. You can also ask questions from me directly by going on the link below,

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-muneeb-ali/

Would you like to know anything else? Any clarifications or additional questions that you might have, i would be happy to answer them for you. If done for now, please remember to leave a positive rating as that is the only way we are compensated for our time spent helping you. You can continue to ask follow-up questions even after the rating.