khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in the multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

Severe foot pain, months, comes and goes, I have prostrate

Customer Question

severe foot pain
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: months, comes and goes
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have prostrate cancer PSA is now 0.45 was 14.95
Category: Medical
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 months ago.

How old are you? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? Exactly where is the pain in your foot? Any skin change? If so, can you attach the photos here? Does anything make it better or worse? On a scale of 0-10, what is it with 0 being no pain and 10 being the strongest pain? What is it like? When did it start? Is it getting worse? Swelling? Redness? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any other medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm 72, 6ft 2 tall, 130kg weight, no skin change, trying to walk makes it worse, 10 is pain in right foot and getting worse, left foot is getting better and I have prostrate cancer, psi dropped from 14-09 to 0-45, I'm on hormone treatment, pills and injections, I take Micardis, Plavix, and Caduet, for blood pressure and heart.
I take IP6 as a supplement, and drink ASEAN REDOX SUPPLEMENT, plus Magnesium and vitamin C.
I had a stint put in 15 years ago.
No history. Dr said it is arthritis.? take an aspirin, I did and it did not work...

It seems to be osteoarthritis. You should take stronger pain medication, intraarticular glucocorticoids, or intraarticular hyaluronate injections, and use a cane and a walker, which can reduce joint forces at the hip by as much as 50 percent. Soft, elastic-heeled sports shoes may also be used to diminish impact loading. You should lose weight with diet and exercise such as swimming. If they don't work, you should consider surgery if necessary.