Family Physician, Doctor
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
1304720

STIFF .CAN FOR INSTANCE NOT PUT MY SOCKS ON WITHOUT

Customer Question

I AM VERY STIFF .CAN FOR INSTANCE NOT PUT MY SOCKS ON WITHOUT HELP,,NOR CAN I TYE MY SHOES.MY STEPS ARE VERY SHORT .WHEN I WALK I HAVE A TENDECY TO LEAN FORWARD.
I FORGET NAMES EVEN ON VERY OLD FRIENDS.I WALK VERY SLOWELY AND GET SOON TIRED (ABOUT HAJF HOUR IS ENOUGH) I AM NOT SHAKING, MY HANDWRITING IS SMALL AND VERY IRREGULAR. I THINK I HAVE LOST SMELL AND DO NO APPRECIATE A VERY GOOD WINE MORE THAN A REGULAR CHEAPER ONE. (BUT I LOVE WINE!)
THIS PROCESS STARTED ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO AND GETS A LITTLE WORSE EVERY DAY.
I AM 76 YEARS OLD AND LIVE IN THE SOUT OF FRANCE FOR THE LAST 17 YEARS WHEN I RETIRED. BEFORE I LIVED 12 YEARS IN CONNECTICUT USA,BEFORE THAT IN SWEDEN A COUPLE OF YEARS AND THEN IN BELGIUM ALSO THREE YEARS ,BEFORE IN BRAZIL WHERE I LIVED 5 YEARS
NOW I LIVE SINCE 17 YEARS IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE (IN NICE WITH MY WIFE) AND ENJOY LIFE EXCEPT FOR THE SMALL PROBLEMS DESCRIBED ABOVE
I AM NOT SHAKING AND HAVE NO TRMOR IN MY FINGER.THE LEGS ARE NOT SHAKING
EI HAVE A FEELING THAT I MIGHT HAVE PARKINSSON AND VERY QUERIOUS TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK AND WHAT I CAN DO TO GET IT BETTER.BY THE WAY I AM A SWEDISH CITICEN
I WOULD VERY MUCH APPRECIATE IF YOU CAN HELP ME BY RCOMENDING HOW I SHALL GO FORWARD TO HAVE A CHANCE TO IMPROVE MY SITUATION ,OR AT LEAST NOT GET INTO A WORSE SITUATION.MANY THANKS IN ADVANCFOR YOUR HELPJAN EVELANDVILLA EMILIE B506
48 BOULEVARD MARECHAL JUIN
06800 CAGNES SUR MER
FRANCETEL 33(0)493737843
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

I am sorry you are so stiff and your steps have become very short

you need to see a doctor right away

and get a brain MRI scan and testing to check for rheumatoid arthritis and parkinsons disease

you may benefit from physical therapy and stretching and exercise therapy.

but you have to see a doctor for testing.