Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Left side stomach pain below left rib all the way down to

Customer Question

Left side stomach pain below left rib all the way down to belly button. Can be tender to touch sometimes aches when doing any exercise or bending over. Ultrasound all normal, stool sample normal no H Pylori, bloods normal. I have been on acid reflux tablets for 8 weeks just waiting for endoscopy. Just fed up of feel rubbish with the ache all the time.
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: Since 14th October, do feel nausea occasionally mainly in a morning no vomiting. Also stools clear no blood in it.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No I don't think so, I do suffer with stress a lot and have had a very stressful year.
Category: Medical
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Pain can be made worse when I have eaten certain foods and sometimes get a mild burning on my left side. When I have eaten even small meals can feel very full and left side of belly button area looks swollen. I would say it is like having constant stitch but in my left side. Hope you can help.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 2 months ago.

Hello, this is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

how old are you?

it does sound like you need an endoscopy.

you could have a small kidney stone possibly on the left side.

what acid reflux tablets are you taking?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have had a KUB and pelvic ultrasound all normal no kidney stones present. The acid reflux tablets that I have been taking are Pantoprazole 40mg taken daily. I am 33 years of age. Thanks

pantoprazole 40mg are pretty strong and good to decrease stomach acid.

you need to take them 30-60 minutes before a meal

you need to avoid spicy foods, alcohol, fatty foods, tomato sauces, fried foods, black pepper, sodas which can worsen your stomach acid issues.

do you have problems with constipation? this can cause pain as well.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No not really go every morning. I have finished the tablets now until I have had the endoscopy. What do you think it could be then. Thank you

you could have IBS or colitis or severe gastritis that still needs more time to heal.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you I thought colitis was a serious condition and suffered with blood in your stools.

yes, usually colitis causes severe diarrhea and blood in the stools.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thank you think I can rule that out then. I will just wait for my endoscopy appointment now.

you are welcome

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you may have to scroll up or down to see the ratings area.

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com