Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

Fever 102 and sore throat husband 77 Is aspirin and wet

Customer Question

fever 102 and sore throat husband 77 Is aspirin and wet towels enough to care for hi
JA: How long have you had the symptoms? Do you have a fever?
Customer: Started sat congestion, todayand yesterday sore throatnow fever and confusion
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: has type 2 diabetes, had 6 way bypass18 years ago has had falsand broken bonesover years
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Is he having any breathing discomfort?

Headache?

Cough?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
headache on c pap machine
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for replying back.

Yes,you need to wait & watch his symptoms to subside for next 1-2 days.

The symptoms you have described about your husband of having sore throat,fever since saturday is most likely due to viral infection/upper respiratory tract infection(URTI).Symptoms caused by a viral infection generally clears up on its own within one week with no complications.

Fever is a sign of inflammation or infection and is a common symptom of illness.Fever is not a disease.

You need to take him to hospital if:

-He had a temperature of more than 103 F (39.4 C)

-Or has had a fever for more than 4 days

-Or if you have a fever along with other signs of a bacterial infection

-Or if you have other symptoms like shortness of breath,coughing up gray-yellow phlegm,painful or burning urination,abdominal pain,vomiting,severe headache or any other untolerable or unusual symptom.

At present,it seems he does not have any of these symptoms,so I advise you that yes,you can give him tab.Acetaminophen 500 mg (it is much safer & better then aspirin) .It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription & will help him greatly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for coming back online.

So most likely his symptoms are suggestive of viral infection & the symptoms caused by a viral infection generally clears up on its own within one week with no complications.

Following will help him greatly:

All this will help him greatly.

• You can give him tab.Acetaminophen 500 mg or tab.Ibuprofen 400 mg.This will subside his symptoms including fever & sore throat.
  • For symptomatic relief,give him tab.NyQuil.It contains acetaminophen,dextromethorphan,doxylamine and pseudoephedrine that will provide you great relief from this common cold symptoms.It is available as OTC(over the counter) without prescription.

• Keeping a humidifier running in your room or using an over-the-counter salt-water spray (inhaled through the nose) five or six times a day can provide dramatic relief...

And please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. How is your husband's fever & sore throat now?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh