Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

Well I am concerned that my OBGYN is not taking my situation

Customer Question

Well I am concerned that my OBGYN is not taking my situation seriously enough and I just want a quick second opinion
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have, I am only taking prenatal vitamins
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I am 37 weeks pregnant, I have low progesterone and took shots and suppositories until I was 35 weeks pregnant, when I was 33 weeks pregnant I developed heart palpitations and have continued to have them ever since
JA: Do you know if your family has a history of heart disease? In general, how would you describe your health lately?
Customer: this morning the heart palpitations went from being just twice or three times a day to 6 times from 4am to 8am. I passed out this morning at 7:30am and when I went to my prenatal appointment this morning my blood pressure was 144/84 and my resting pulse was 125 I did not have any of these issues before pregnancy
Category: Medical
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Sorry to hear about your troubles, do you have any other symptoms? Did you feel light headed before you passed out and how long were you out?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I didn't actually ask my question, I am wanting a second opinion because I feel like because of what has happened I think that they should induce me and then whatever is going on with my heart will go away since it all started with being pregnant. They say that what is going on with me is not medically significant enough to warrant inducing at 37 weeks.I do not know how long I was out and I did not feel light headed my heart just felt like it was pounding out of my chest.

Did they check your EKG?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I had a cardiologist appointment after I left the prenatal appointment they did a heart ultrasound, and they have me wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours, but my OBGYN made the decision about not being medically significant enough without having seen any of these results and told me that it was pointless to go to the hospital because they will just make sure I am stable and then send me home to follow up with a cardiologist anyway. I just feel like this is a bigger deal than that.

I definitely agree with further evaluation. As you may know, due to all the extra blood running through our bodies, our heart output increases by 30 to 50%, which causes our heart rate to go up by 25% during pregnancy and the further along we are the worse it gets. The normal heart rate is 60-100, so it can go up to 125 from time to time. However, since you passed out it does mean that you need to have the halter monitor and ultrasound done to find out what is going on. I think that those results will definitely determine what the next best plan of action is

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! For future questions you may contact me at this web site: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-frye/