Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I've been having some achiness/pain in and around my right

Customer Question

Hi, I've been having some achiness/pain in and around my right ear for the last few days. I went to an walk-in clinic last night and he said he didn't see any sign of an infection and to just take Motrin. Now today it feels clogged and sort of numb and it's achy to bite down on that side. Any idea what this could be?
JA: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: No dizziness or fever.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: When I was a kid I had cysts removed from behind my other ear. This included radiation at times and multiple surgeries to try to reduce the scar. But that was all on the opposite ear.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

how old are you?

any other medical issues?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'm 32 year old male. Only other medical issue I know of is lyme disease. I do believe I clench my teeth at night, I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this.

Sounds like TMJ to me

have you heard of it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have and had a feeling it could be that. Do you know if the achiness/clogged feeling/numbness will pass anytime soon? Is there something other than use a mouth guard at night, take pain relievers and use warm compress to help?

It should pass with treatment

I usually treat this with a bite splint from the dentist, flexeril (muscle relaxant) and ibuprofen

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave a 5 star rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. Phil" in the medicine, cardiology or pharmacy categories if you have any other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me again:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

Please don't forget a positive ratingI appreciate it. :)If you have more questions, just reply.