Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My 67 yr old husband has had stents put in his heart 3

Customer Question

My 67 yr old husband has had stents put in his heart 3 times, he is now being told due to scar tissue his heart lining is only pumping at 30% efficiency and that he should have a defibrillator installed... He will soon be getting out of prison after a 7 year sentence and we were married just before he went in, so we would like to have an active sex life. Can he use viagra or something like that from a health/nutrition store safely with his heart issues? Thank you for your advice
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Unfortunately viagra and related medications are contraindicated in persons with heart disease because it can cause serious problems. Moreover it interferes with number of medications used to treat heart conditions. So i would recommend not to use it to be on safe side.

Hope this helps.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on the top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.